Functions of the Brahmaputra Board :
- Collection, compilation and analysis of basin-wise data for preparation of Master Plan for the control of floods, bank erosion and improvement of drainage in the Brahmaputra Valley and development and utilization of water resources of the Brahmaputra Valley for irrigation, hydropower, navigation and other beneficial purposes.
- Preparation of Detailed Project Report (DPR) of Multi-Purpose Projects identified in the Master Plan and their execution.
- Preparation of DPR of Drainage Development Schemes identified in the Master Plan and their execution.
- Assist states in Brahmaputra and Barak Basin in preparation of estimates/DPR of flood control and anti-erosion schemes and other water resources projects including their implementation and undertake monitoring during construction.
- Take up execution of flood control, anti-erosion, drainage development schemes and other water resources projects with the consent of the concerned State Government.
- To perform such other functions as are supplemental, incidental or consequential to the functions specified above