Leadership role in water resources management of Brahmaputra and Barak Basin for sustainable development of water resources to provide optimum benefits to the people with emphasis on control of flood and bank erosion.
- To prepare Master Plan of river basins for optimum utilization of water resources with special focus on flood management and bank erosion.
- To assist states in Brahmaputra and Barak Basin in planning and implementation of flood control and anti-erosion schemes.
- To formulate and execute water resources projects including flood control and anti- erosion schemes identified in the Master Plan.
- Collection, compilation and analysis of basin-wise data for preparation of Master Plan.
- Preparation of Detailed Project Report (DPR) of Multi Purpose Projects identified in the Master Plan and their execution.
- Preparation of DPR of Drainage Development Schemes identified in the Master Plan and their execution.
- Assist states in Brahmaputra and Barak Basin in preparation of estimates/DPR of flood control and anti-erosion schemes and other water resources projects including their implementation and undertake monitoring during construction.
- Take up execution of flood control, anti-erosion, drainage development schemes and other water resources projects with the consent of the concerned State Government.
NAME, DESIGNATION AND PHONE NOS OF KEY PERSONNEL OF BRAHMAPUTRA BOARD
|Name and address||STD Phone||Fax/e-mail|
Shri Rajiv Yadav IASr
|0361- 2301099 (O)||Fax: 0361-2301099
|Vice- Chairman Shri B. K. Karjee
CE, BBO, CWC, Adabari, Guwahati on Addl. Charge
|0361- 2308590 (O)||e-mail: email@example.com|
Shri Sudhir Kumar Director, M&A, CWC, Adabari, Guwahati on Addl. Charge
|0361-2300128(O)||Fax : 0361-2300128
GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL MECHANISM:
A Committee with following composition deals with grievances of the general public and staff of the Board:
Secretary – Chairman & Grievance Officer
Superintending Engineer (W) – Member
Chief Vigilance Officer – Member
Accounts Officer – Member
Committee on Complaints of Women on Sexual Harassment:
A Committee with following members addresses the complaints of women working in the Board. Any staff member having complaints of sexual harassment or other gender related offences may address his/her petition to the Committee.
Mrs. Jalee Bezbaruah, AEE – Chairman Mrs. Bibha Mahanta Sarma, PPS to Vice Chairman – Member
Mrs. Anupama Handique, LDC – Member
Mrs. Geetali Bora, Jr. Accountant – Member Representative of State Women Commission, Assam – Member
Posts reserved for disable persons:
As per clause 34(1) of (RPwD) Act, 2016, following post are reserved for persons with benchmark disabilities in Brahmaputra Board-
|No of Sanctioned post for for direct recruitment||
No of post identified for reservation of
persons with benchmark
|Category of eligible disibilities as per 34(i) Act|
Group A- Non-ministerial
|14||1||a, b, c|
Group B- Non-ministerial
(JE, D/M Gr-I)
|79||4||a, b, c|
Group B- Ministerial (Junior
|3||Nil||a, b, c, d, e|
Group C- Non-Ministerial
|81||4||a, b, c|
Group C- Non-Ministerial
a, b, c
|6||Group C- Ministerial (LDC)||38||2||a, b, c|
Group C- Finance &
Applications received under RTI Act, 2005 The RTI Application received from the general public as well as from the staff of any Organization under Right to Information Act, 2005 are dealt in the Department. The contact details of Nodal CAPIO/Appellate Authority are given below:-
Names, Designations and other particulars of Public Information Officers
The names, designation and other particulars of Public Information Officers of Brahmaputra Board are given below:
|Name: Shri Sudhir Kumar Designation: Secretary, Address : Brahmaputra Board, Basistha, Guwahati-781029, Assam Tel: 0361-2300128(O) Fax : 0361-2308588 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Central Assistant Public Information Officer|
|Name : Shri Simanta Lahkar Designation : Executive Engineer(HQ) Address: Brahmaputra Board, Basistha, Guwahati-29. Mob: 7002726733|